Saturday, April 18, 2015

Munchkin Latch Transition Sippy Cup

So we are in the midst of transitioning to a sippy cup for J.  I have loved the new Munchkin Latch bottles for him since the beginning.  So when I saw the Latch transition sippy cup, I had to get it too.  Unfortunately, the cup did not hold up to my expectations as a great product - or at least the one I have, did not.

So this is the cup I ordered.

I loved the look and what it had to offer.  It actually uses the bottle body, so it is a shape that he is used to holding, and then adding the handles make it even easier to hold.  The flexible and soft spout has similarities to the nipples from the bottle.  It even has an anti-colic valve to make sure air intake is reduced.

What I dislike - it didn't last very long.  Considering this is a transition cup, I would like to think that Munchkin tested the plastic durability on it.  It's inevitable that our little ones will be dropping their cups, whether while sitting on the floor or sitting in their high chair.  Well, it was maybe the second or third time J. used it when it was knocked off his high chair and the lid cracked.  Not a small crack - but a large one.  A long crack, starting from the top and extending through the body of the ring.  Putting the spout through it will of course cause it separate further, so I now have a useless product.



As I mentioned before, I use the Latch bottles and have not had any issues with them in terms of their durability.  Even when the bottles have taken a fall, not a single one has cracked in any place.  So this occurrence did make me sad that this particular product could not hold up to the rest of the collection.

For now - I would recommend, that you do without the Latch transition cup.  Considering it is much more expensive than Munchkin's other sippy cups, and it not holding up - you are better off investing in multiple cheaper, and more durable cups.

Have you had any problems with you Munchkin brand Latch transition sippy cup?  Please feel free to let me know about it.  I hope that our reviews can help other parents make good decisons on their purchases for their little ones.


1 comment: