Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easy Easter Bouquet

Ok... the other day I posted that I was going to try the Easter bouquet that I found online.  So I am here to share my results with you.  Exciting right?  Well for me it was, because this was a busy and tiring week at work, but I managed to use my evenings wisely after the kiddos bedtime.  Took me a two evenings to do it, not because its difficult, but because I also wanted to go to sleep at a decent time.   And I made a few changes.  Overall, I think it turned out well.

These were the supplies I collected:

(based off of Ms. Not So Perfect's directions-
  • Pack of plastic eggs
  • Skewers
  • Ribbon 
  • Vase
Things I used or added:
  • Candy 
  • Recycled formula box for a vase
  • Glue gun
  • Popcorn
  • Zippered Baggies
  • Green Cardstock
So when I saw this - I instantly thought filling the eggs would be fun, and that would mean that each teacher would go home with a candy filled "egg" flower.  I bought a pack of 42 eggs from Walmart.  Figured what didn't go in the bouquet would be used for Easter at home.  I had also bought a good bag with a mixture of Hershey's chocolates and a bag of some Sixlets.  My husband picked up the skewers for me one evening on his way home.  I believe he got the skewers from Dollar General - 50 for $1.00.  To dress up the individual eggs, I also added leaves to my bouquet by cutting the shape from green cardstock.

First, I cut out leaves for each of the flowers.  Nothing fancy.  I googled a generic leaf design, printed it on the cardstock and cut it out.  Prior to putting the skewer through the holes found at the bottom of the egg, I simply poked it through my leaf first, and then the egg.
 


Once inserted, I filled the egg with candy.  I was able to fit one small candy bar and one sixlet in each egg with careful maneuvering.  I had to be extra careful to make sure the skewer did not go through any of the chocolates.


I did attempt to use a regular vase to arrange the flowers.  But I was making 30 of them, and it was getting difficult to rearrange to make everything fit.  I didn't want to run out and buy a new vase for this project.  So, I got crafty with some recycling.  Luckily I had saved a baby formula container that worked perfectly.  I made it nice by gluing on some ribbon on the ribbed edge along the top, and made a bow.

Here is the final product.  Hopefully the teachers enjoyed their bouquet and took a few home to enjoy.


Thank you Ms. Not So Perfect for the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment